Wednesday, May 22, 2013

REFRESH

I must say that when I hear that word all I can think about is water. Whether I am drinking it or swimming in it. Refresh reminds me to be made new, to be joyful, laughter, memories, and new perspective. Although there are many ways to refresh my spirit, mind, emotions, my will, my soul, the one true thing that refreshes me is making memories with my family. As a working mom with a "side business of photography", I have to be intentional when it comes to spending time with my children. Two weeks ago we made an intentional Saturday. I remembered as a child that my siblings and I would go to a small amusement park at the end of the school year. My parents would take us and it was like announcing "Summer had arrived!!!" The amusement park was our beacon of delight every year for all of our school years. All four of us are grown and have our own families now. We decided to revisit our old childhood playground. Wondering if our kids would enjoy it as well. They absolutely loved it!!!!! As a mom, a woman, a photographer sometimes you just have to feed your soul. I was able to stop thinking so technically and just snapped away and capture moments with our kiddos. So take some time to feed your soul. Remember why you became a photographer in the first place. Go back to the basics. Be intentional but most of all HAVE FUN!!!!!!

My fellow teachers created a blog circle.  Check out MeRa and her version of Refresh.










4 comments:

Kelli said...

Perfect! Water is exactly what comes to mind for me also:) Such great pics of your kiddos!

Amy said...

Great post, Veronica!! Your kids are so cute. I love the sky car picture with the leading lines.

BrierPatch said...

Enjoyed your post, Veronica. It's so good to hear that Technical gets in the way sometimes, and we just need to shoot.

laura swift photography said...

love all these photos and knowing how you refresh. laura

Post a Comment

 
© Chiaro Perfecto