Sunday, May 12, 2013

In God's Perfect Light

copyright Laura Swift Photography




Today is a day of true overflow of love pouring out all over the world. The outpouring crosses cultures, races, and ages. A simple gesture in giving a token of appreciation no matter how big or small brings many mommas to tears. This week as a school teacher, we were busy making all kinds of gifts for our moms. My students took pride in making, writing, and carrying all these tokens home. My heart sank as one of my students is not with her mom, but an aunt. She was a little sad at the beginning of the week. We were busy writing an acrostic poem about mom. I approached her desk and she was crying. I asked what was wrong. She continued to explain the situation, which I knew quite well. I wrapped my arms around her and asked God to give me the right words.

It made me realize that as a mom, woman, teacher, step-mom, child of God, friend, daughter, and mentor........I am a woman who fulfills many roles. As a mom....I am a chameleon. Beginning as a desire in my heart, I fought-prayed-longed to conceive and birth a child. Let alone be up at all hours of the night-sacrifice my wants for their needs-and now.....desire more than anything to guide them and show them the truth and knowledge of God's word. Never in my life had I longed to be raw, transparent, and genuine, than in this moment now. Not only for my children, but for every student, friend, my children, sisters, and every single woman out there. It has taken awhile but God has taken me through a process where I have learned to see myself in His perfect light. 

Today
          -I am thankful for my mom who birthed me, who helped shape me, who loves me unconditionally
         -I am thankful for my own two children who allow me to be honored with the title-MOM
         -I am thankful for my step-daughter who without in my life, I would have never realized what is like to CHOOSE to love someone.
         -I am thankful for my mother in law who has made become an expert in my love walk.
         -I am thankful for students who I get to love all year long and who remind me of my calling as a mom to my own children. Who make me better and who remind me to love.
         -I am thankful for every single woman that God has placed in my life as an example to me of what it is like to walk in God's perfect light. They sharpen me, they challenge me, they love me, and then cheer me on. Thank you! 

As I hugged my student and cried with her, I was reminded of how truly blessed I am. I also stated to my student that it didn't matter if her biological momma was in her present life. Each woman in her life a mother or not, could love her and influence her. She was blessed beyond measure with women in her life who loved her-who were believing for her success-who hurt for & with her-who knew without a shadow of a doubt she reflected goodness in God's perfect light.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!!!!!!!

Chiaro Perfecto Photography is honored to have found a genre to represent. I am proud to announce and invite you to hire Chiaro Perfecto to capture YOU-baby girl-tween-adult-mature-mid-life-grandmother-momma-woman.... in His perfect light. We will begin offering workshops and photo sessions specifically designed for women.

For more information on upcoming photography workshops, click on the link below



Thankful for my momma and who I love with all my heart. It is through her that I have been able to endure all that has come my way, clinging onto the promises of God. She is an example of giving up her desires for our needs. She is one of my biggest cheerleaders for fulfilling the calling God has on my life. 
Thankful for my pastor, as she has been an example-cheered me on-and who teaches me with the word of God. More than anything she has given me the opportunity to translate for her and be a part of her vision. To reach the entire world with the message of righteousness. 
Thankful for bible study leader who shared on many occasions her struggles, heartaches, but reflects God's goodness through it all. Teaching me to rise up and keep going and allowed me to share my story in our circle of women.

Thankful for spiritual leader who inspires me with a challenge to be a solid God fearing woman....to not be shaken or moved.


My photography mentor, who saw something in me and has loved me through it all. She is transparent and inspiring. She has a huge vision for women across the world to empower them with the vehicle of a camera. I am so honored to work alongside her and my team of 1-4. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Chiaro Perfecto