Sunday, June 16, 2013

Man of His Word

Our country has founding fathers. Men who helped shaped this country. There are men who have gone down in history for taking the industrial reigns and paving the way for generations to come. If asked, I am sure many of you could name the men who have changed the world in technology and social media.  And yet, who I will write about today has never won an award, a nobel prize, has not been recorded in history for anything he has invented or created. However, this man is a man that forever changed my life and I know helped shaped the destiny God had for my life. My Father

At the age of 2 we were visiting my grandparents in Mexico. I came down with cholera. Immediately, I was brought back to the US and admitted into the hospital. After battling for my life in ICU facing total dehydration, I flatlined for over 8 minutes. The doctors pronounced me dead. My dad at the time knew of God but did not know God, stepped out of my room and proclaimed Jeremiah 33:3. He asked God to meet him in that moment. He asked God to give life back to me and he would serve Him all the days of His life. He hasn't stopped since.  As I contemplated on what to share, I was reminded of all the things that my earthly father has instilled in me....what he is to me.

-Strength
-Guide
-Teacher
-Love
-Direction
-(when needed) Correction
-Protector
-Counselor
-Unfailing
-Provider
-Example
-Honor
-Man of his word

As I wrote these words in my morning pages, I realized that those qualities, titles, adjectives perhaps all could be used to describe my Heavenly Father. I thanked God for my dad today for all that he has been for our family, continues to be, and all that I know God still has in store for his life. Gratitude overflows because I am so blessed to have been raised in a faith filled home. My dad honors God with striving to serve Him and instill His word in us----now son in-laws and grandchildren, too. 

I have been so blessed to have many Fathers of Faith in my life. I have seen them serve God with integrity, lead their families, honor their wives, and lead congregations to worship God. I am so blessed. Several have not fathered their own children but have stepped in to fulfill the void. 

For my husband----I am thankful that the Lord who is my Redeemer....restored and renewed US!!! Thank you for the father you are to our children. Thank you for the love and honor you have for me. Thank you above all for choosing to love God with all your heart. I am blessed to have you in my life.

Happy Father's Day!!!!!!

My Daddy and Momma

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Chiaro Perfecto